Thursday, June 3, 2010

A few changes

It’s been busier than usual the past week and a half or so. First, I moved last Tuesday, into my new apartment in a neighborhood of Santiago called, amusingly, El Golf. I have a great new room (HUGE closet, HUGE bed) and two lovely new roommates, Kenna and Juliette. Kenna is Chilean and works at the French embassy, and Juliette is German and teaches it here. I’m happy that I decided to take the plunge and switch locations, though I definitely miss certain things about my old spot—the closeness to my school, how close everything was (El Golf is more residential, so certain conveniences are a little farther away), and all the little hang outs that I had gotten used to in the past 3 months. But I’m sure that in a few weeks I’ll have a whole new set of spots that I’m hitting up daily.

I also am in the process of securing a potential second job. I’ll hold off on details until it’s a sure bet (there are still a few issues to work out with my visa status), but it would be a great opportunity for me (and a nice little source of extra income). However, needless to say, if I start up with it, my schedule is going to get a lot more filled, very quickly. Though I’m thrilled about the job itself I go back and forth between feeling a) it’s about time I get into a routine that more closely resembles the hectic one I had back in D.C. and b) like I’ll really miss having a pretty good chunk of free time (to do things like write this blog). But it's definitely an opportunity that I don't want to pass up and I think I'll enjoy having a little more on my plate. 

And...it's official...I'm going to have my first visitor in July! My college roommate Sarah is coming for 8 days and I couldn't be more excited. I can't wait to show her around Santiago and we are taking a long weekend trip to San Pedro de Atacama--the driest desert in the world and supposedly one of the most breathtaking places in Chile. I'm counting the days!!!

1 comment:

  1. YAYYY! I can't wait! I have been telling everyone about it and about how excited I am!

    ReplyDelete